Now that you have a better idea of what a weave ponytail is and some of its benefits, you are now wondering how you can make it. Here is a step-by-step guide to help you make a weave ponytail.
· Start by ensuring that your hair is clean
· Decide where you want to wear your ponytail and divide your hair if necessary.
· Use a styling gel and lay your ponytail in the position that you want it to be. For thick, curly, or kinky hair, you will have to use plenty of gel. At this point, your hair should look sleek and not drenched.
· If you have thin hair, you should fold it into a bun, but if you have thick hair, wear a straight braid.
· Layout your hair extension on a flat surface and then fold it in half. This makes the hair pretty much easier to work with and it reduces time spent on wrapping the extension around your bun.
· Secure the loose ends of your hair extension using stick pins at the base of your bun. This step is important if you want to end up with a sleek ponytail with a weave. If you have opted for a slick back braided ponytail, secure the wefts to the end of your braided ponytail. But if you have opted for a small bun, get the wefts of the hair extension closer to the base of your ponytail without sticking to the scalp.
· Wrap the hair extension around your braid or bun until your hair is no longer visible.
· Use stick pins to secure your ponytail once there is no more hair extension. For added security, add stick pins in the beginning, halfway, and when you are done with wrapping the hair extension around your hair.
· Take some hair strands to conceal the hair extension’s wefts. You shouldn’t leave the wefts of your hair extension visible, that’s why you must mask them. You can do this by wrapping strands of the weave hair around the tracks.
· Dry your hair using a blow dryer before you head out.
· Add some spray to make your ponytail shiny and vibrant.